Monday, September 29, 2008

Scalloped Potatoes Dinner

Lisa turned me on to this recipe and I've already made it twice. The first time I made it in the crock-pot without the onion, pepper, and ham. I mixed it up as directed (omitting the cheese), sprayed my pot and let it cook on low for 4-5 hours. I then added the cheese on top and vented the lid for another hour.
The second time I followed the directions almost exactly (only a tiny bit of onion and maybe 3/4 lb ham) and it was wonderful! Patrick even said, "Wow, this is really good!"
Recipe courtesy of recipezaar.com

Ingredients
1/2 cup
butter
1/2 cup
flour
2 teaspoons
salt
1/2 teaspoon
pepper
3 cups
milk
3 cups
ham, cooked
1 large
green pepper, chopped
1 large
onion, chopped
1/2 cup
cheddar cheese, shredded
5 cups
potatoes, pared and sliced
Directions
1Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat; blend in flour, salt, and pepper.

2Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Remove from heat gradually stir in milk.

3Return to heat; cook until thickened and bubbly.

4Fold in ham, onion, green pepper and cheese. Pour over potatoes in a large bowl.

5Stir gently then move into a buttered 13X4-inch baking dish; cover with foil.

6Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

7Uncover and continue to bake for 1 hour.

8Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

No comments: