Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lasagna

This recipe is for my friend Michelle. She said she never made lasagna because it was to hard. I told her I would post this so she could try it and see if she liked it. I think it is fairly easy and yummy.

1 lbs hamburger
1 box lasagna noodles, I like the wheat ones
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
dried spaghetti seasoning or oregano and basil
1 16-22 oz can of cottage cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Cheddar cheese
zucchini or other squash
1 egg

Brown hamburger with pepper, garlic and onion powders(no salt as the cheese is salty enough). Pour half of the tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with spaghetti seasoning generously. Place noodles on top. Add half the hamburger. Mix the cottage cheese and egg and then spoon half of it over the hamburger. Add the thinly sliced zucchini or squash. Sprinkle with both cheese. Repeat the layers. Bake at 350 for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Enjoy. I love it with grean beans and french bread. I will add that recipe too.

No comments: